Thursday, February 10, 2011

VP Receives His Journal

3/26/2005

VP,

So kid, one month, eh?  What what! But seriously... I'm having a great time with you. Not just a great time... I feel like I'm growing as a person. Getting to know you is helping me get to know myself even more. Like I've told you before---we're two independent people who somehow ended up being so similar. It's a beautiful thing... We're each ourselves, but together we're better.

So this is really random. hehe. Well that's me... Anyways, a bit of an explanation. You know me an my absolute obsession with song lyrics. Well, song lyrics, quotes, profound thoughts are all good stuff. So I was trying to figure out a way to transmit all (or a large percentage) of my favorite... blurbs... to you. Then I remembered you'd talked about journaling and just... getting your thought in order... so I discovered the perfect combination: Journal with room for your thoughts but my... randomness... interspersed.  Well, I thought it was cool, anyway... hope you feel the same. :-)

So feel free to write your little heart out... it's good for you. :-) And when you come upon a topic for discussion... thought... idea... random insight... I'm here. :-)

I love you, kid. You should know this, but hey, no harm in repeating it. :-)  It's happy... and, apparently, happiness is good for the metabolism. :-)

So now I'm leaving this to you---knock yourself out, kid!  Te quiero mucho.

Abrazos y besos,

PV

***

If your imagination bubbles over with thoughts about yourself and creates fanciful situations and circumstances which would not normally find a place in your way, then these will foolishly distract you. They will dampen your ardor and separate you from the presence of God. This is vanity.

If your imagination revolves around others, you will easily fall into the defect of passing judgment when this is not your responsibility.  You will interpret their behavior not at all objectively but in a mean way. This is rash judgment.

If your imagination concerns itself with your own talents and ways of speaking or with the general admiration that you inspire in others, then you will be in danger of losing your rectitude of intention, and of providing fodder for your pride.

Generally, letting your imagination loose is a waste of time, and, if it is not controlled, it opens the door to a whole string of voluntary temptations.

Do not leave off the practice of interior mortification, for even a single day!
St. Josemaria Escriva, Furrow, 135

No comments:

Post a Comment