Thursday, February 10, 2011

Unanonymous

3/30/2005

There is possibly no greater feeling here on this earth than achieving a goal you have set your heart on and worked at for so long. With my service organization's convention this Friday, I feel as though I'm as ready as I'll ever be, and this makes me not so stressed and very happy. Every day that I spend time with PV, or just talk to her, I feel as though I have become a better, happier person, to which there is no limit. Though the Lord Jesus Christ is my Savior, PV, for me, has become the vessel through which God works his miracles. Whenever I'm with her and her family, I see how much time and love she puts into each relationship: with her parents and her siblings, especially her youngest brother. He is already an amazing little kid and will grow up to be a great young man, with much credit to be given to PV.

With the end of school fast approaching and college just around the corner, I hope I can really establish a name for myself, and leave a mark on the places I have been, like my high school, the service organization, my friends. Though I believe in everlasting life, the life of the soul, knowing that I bettered something, knowing that my memory will live on, even long after I'm gone gives me great joy. I am not a great person, but when people hear my name, I hope they remember the things I did for the community, the people I've touched along the way. I love my God for all that he has done for me and continues to do for me. As I have vowed, I will live my life for Him, one way or the other. Priest or married, I will serve Him and His people.

***

You can do so much good, and yet also so much harm!

You will do good if you are humble and you give yourself cheerfully, with a spirit of sacrifice: good for yourself and for your fellowmen, and for that good Mother of yours, the Church.

But how much harm you will do if you allow yourself to be led by your pride.

St. Josemaria Escriva, The Forge, 935

No comments:

Post a Comment