Friday, February 11, 2011

The Power of Speech

4/10/2005

I had a talk with RE tonight. She feels horrible because she doesn't have anyone and that I basically told her that she wasn't my friend. I tried to convince her that by looking inside of herself and finding God, she might have confidence in who she is and enjoy life that much more. However, I'm terrible at talking and getting my point across, if I had one wish it would be the power of speech, that people would respect me and respect what I have to say, that they might believe in me and turn to God, but, alas, I have no such talent and sometimes, I can only imagine I make things worse...

Me and PV, obviously, still together. I thank God for every moment we spend together, talking on the phone, or on the internet. She has brought me closer to Him and surely, only He could have given me such blessings.

***

Having the gift of tongues is knowing how to transmit the knowledge of God---an essential requisite for whoever is to be an apostle. That is why I ask God Our Lord each day to grant it to everyone of his sons and daughters.

St. Josemaria Escriva, Furrow, 899

No comments:

Post a Comment