Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Graduating High School

4/27/2005

God, I love you so much. Lately, I have been receiving awards and scholarships for all the work I've put in during my years in high school and I know I owe that to God. Though so amazingly happy with PV at my side, I feel strangely discontented and restless, as though I should be doing something more, something better or more productive. I figure this is the Holy Spirit pressuring me always to use my energies to benefit the people around me and not fall victim to laziness. 

PV and I have been together for two months now. Though the initial feeling of excitement and adventure have long since past, I still feel in a state of euphoria as though my reality is distorted in my favor.  I have no complaints. However, I hope that PV continues to love me. I trust that she does, but sometimes I feel so horrible for some of the things I do, and I feel as though no one could ever love me, but PV continues to love and support me without question and without hesitation.  She is, without a doubt, a special woman with specific plans laid out by God the Father in heaven. I love her so much, as I told her and quoted from the Bible, I love her as Christ loves the Church, and that is no lie.

***

You owe such a great debt to your Father-God! He has given you life, intelligence, will... He has given you his grace---the Holy Spirit;Jesus, in the Sacred  Host; divine sonship; the Blessed Virgin, the Mother of God and our Mother. He has given you the possibility of taking part int he Holy Mass; and he grants you forgiveness for your sins. He forgives you so many times. He has given you countless gifts, some of them quite extraordinary...

Tell me, my son: how have you corresponded so far to this generosity? How are you corresponding now?

St. Josemaria Escriva, The Forge, 11

No comments:

Post a Comment